Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friesign Theater Challenges You



It's Saturday, it's cold and there's snow on the ground. I'll be outside later but during some part of the weekend I plan to indulge in a little bit of juvenile entertainment. In my youth there were comic books, lurid pulp fiction novels, Saturday matinee movies, as well as all the other avenues of delinquent misadventure.

As a parent I feel it's part of the job to protect your children from all the things that can be harmful but also to introduce them to things of questionable value. We can't be stern hypocritical Dickensian - Calvinists all the time.

Even when they were quite young, my two sons developed a deep appreciation of Monty Python. One of my wife's cherished memories is of both boys performing the complete Dead Parrot routine flawlessly. Add to that all the works of Nick Parks best known for Wallace and Gromit; I don't know how many seasons of Red Dwarf and Robot Wars -and dozens and dozens of episodes of Mystery Science Theater. They have both developed a healthy appreciation for the absurd.


I feel I've been negligent because I didn't introduce them to Firesign Theater until recently. I had posted a few paragraphs on this blog about the joys of old vinyl. While digging through the record collection (research) my two boys kept looking through the albums asking -who is this?        

So for any of you who are having a lazy weekend or are just in the mood for some light entertainment -here's both sides of a Firesign Theater record for your enjoyment.


Firesign Theater - Everything You Know Is Wrong - Side One 



                                 Firesign Theater - Everything You Know Is Wrong - Side Two

No comments:

Post a Comment